Ben -

you can get SED (I loved it to, back in my VAX, and Sun user days) for
windows.  Google will point you to several sources including SourceForge
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm).

Or, if you already have FrameScript, you can do this inside of
FrameMaker as well.

On Friday, August 31, 2007 12:46 PM, B Hechter wrote:

| Hi Framers,
|
| Well, it looks like I will need to batch process a large
| number of ASCII (plain text) system configuration files in
| the same manner, in order to filter out information that I
| do not need, before I import them into Frame.
|
| I don't know if this a proper topic for the list, but it
| takes me back to my  UNIX days of using "sed" with great
| success (even for a non-programmer like me), to create a
| standard set of batch text processing instructions that
| could be applied consistently and repetitively to large
| numbers of pattern-based plain text files.
|
| The question is two fold:
| a) any sed FM users out there?
| b) are there other similar (economical) options for batch
|    processing of text files?
|
| Comments and opinions are most welcome.
|
| Thanks!
|
| Ben

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com