Hello,

  Am using FrameMaker 7.0 with Windows XP.

  Coincidentally my question is also related to numbering and list as it is
with some others in the list now.

  I have a big book with 5 Guides which in turn have some 10s of chapters as
.fm files. I have to build a List ot Tables for each guide. My problem is how
to serially number the tables across a specific set of chapters. That is, I
have to serially number the tables from 1 to n in Guide 1, and 1 to m in Guide
2; and build List of Tables for each guide.

  As it is now, the tables have 'No Title' for 'Title Position'. They have a
manually set paragraph tag with NO autonumbering :(. I need to number them just
number or chapter number attached.

  I am reluctant to use TableTitle with T:Table <n+>: format and use 'Continue
from Previous File in Book' for Paragraph Numbering because I am not sure about
the impact on other paragraphs and the book has more than 60 files. The number
of paragraph tags used is also very large that I cannot manually check for the
nature of autonumbering in each.

  I tried to figure out something from FM help but in vain. Please help.

  Thanks
Radha

Never Miss an Email