FM Console does show the font name(s) that are missing, but I haven't seen it
specify where the font is used that's missing. For that piece of Jon's
question, I'd  use Find, Character Format, type in the missing font family, and
leave everything else as-is. This doesn't "see" the reference or master pages,
though, so if you can't find it this way, do the search again while viewing ref
pages and again while viewing master pages for each file in the book.

That said, it seems like "out there somewhere" I saw mention of a plugin that
could search reference and master pages for various format stuff, but I can't
remember if it just generated a list of what's used where (maybe hyperlinked)
or exactly how it functioned. I don't even remember which plugin it was or who
developed it. (Fine lot of help I am.) But, maybe someone else on the list
knows and would respond. :-)

Rene

Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote: If you have a FM console
program running, it'll show up in there.
If you don't, open Preferences, turn on Show Translation Errors, and
reboot FM....

Under Windows, FM would use the system settings for font locations.

Art

On 6/18/07, Jon Harvey  wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm getting a missing font error in various docs. Is there a way to
> determine in a large FM doc what fonts are missing and where FM is
> looking for them? I'm using FM 7.2 on Windows. I'd like to find the
> culprit text and solve the problem.
>

> Jon Harvey
>
> Manager, Desktop Documentation
>
> CambridgeSoft Corporation
>
> 100 CambridgePark Drive
>
> Cambridge, MA 02140
>
> (617) 588-9354

> or visit

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358