People buy things out of need and want. If the quality sucks, and they
need it, what are they going to do? If an insulin pump eats batteries
at a 20% higher rate than advertised, the quality sucks, but that
doesn't mean that the product isn't needed. It's up to the company to
fix the quality flaws and bring the product up to market expectation.

No product is ever perfect. That's near impossible to do. But darn
close is attainable.

And quality is very much objective in most products given that you can
collect quality metrics on the products themselves, log bugs, measure
impact, etc.

--
Bill Swallow