I am working on a service manual using the client's template. I have run into a
problem with the auto?numbering of figures. The first?4 were numbered in
succession, but each one after that repeats as Figure 4. The auto numbering
format is F:Figure < ><n+>.? The figure numbers are set with a paragraph tag
and are placed are in a text frame inside the borders of an anchored frame.
?
I have tried manually forcing the number of the fifth figure to 5, but the
downstream figures?remain numbered as Figure 4. I have also tried adding spaces
to the grid as in F:Figure < >< ><n+> and F:Figure < >< >< ><n+>, but
downstream figures are still numbered as Figure 4. Deleting the text frame?for
Figure 5 and inserting a new one yields the same results.
?
Any suggestions as to the cause of the problem and the proper method of
correcting it?
?
I am using Frame 7.0 and a Windows XP operating system on a PC.
?
Howard Rauch
?
Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080