Has anyone found a workaround for the change in the sort
order used in the Paragraph Catalog and other listings of
paragraph tags?

Our company's templates were set up with 1- or 2-character
prefixes for all the common paragraph tags to facilitate keyboard
selection via the F9 key. The most commonly used tags had
a single-character prefix so that they'd sort to the top of their
respective group, and the less common tags had a second
character that was either a digit (to indicate indent level)
or a mnemonically selected alpha character. For example,
we have
  B-Body
  B2-Body 2
  B3-Body 3
  B4-Body 4
and
  T-Table Title
  TB-Table
  TB-Table Body Center
  TH-Table Heading
etc, etc.

This worked beautifully in FM6.0 and FM7.x.  But in FM8,
the sort order for the list changed and the hyphen now
sorts *after* any alphanumeric character so that the
order now looks like:
  B2-Body 2
  B3-Body 3
  B4-Body 4
  B-Body
Pressing F9 and then B, gets you B2. Pressing B again
gets you B3. The only way to get to the base B-Body
tag is four Bs or else B and a hyphen. And its much
worse for the table tags, where the T-Table Title tag
is now sorted as the last of 16 related tags stating
with T.

Other than a wholesale renaming of the paragraph tags
in our templates and all documents based on them to
change the hyphens to spaces, I guess we'll just have
to get used to typing the hyphen whenever we use the
F9 shortcut. Sigh...Fred Ridder