From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com]On Behalf Of Frank Stearns
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:12 AM
To: John Sgammato
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Fixing lots of X-refs

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, John Sgammato wrote:

> A helper, buried under a huge workload, made one little mistake -
> renaming a lot of chapters and their filenames to make them easier
> to follow. Unfortunately, along the way a lot of x-ref markers were
> lost. I don't think there is any way to undo that damage, so they
> just have to be re-linked. Only 219 to go!

I came in a little late on this, but if this is the case, perhaps a
save to MIF, then running a good text-based search/replace (even
windows wordpad will do in a pinch) to correct the path/name info
would be pretty quick. Just make sure you get enough of the
surrounding MIF statement to avoid unwanted substring matches...

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  USA FAX: 360-253-1498
http://www.fsatools.com