Chuck Beck asked:> I think I once knew the answer to this question, but it
escapes me now,
> and I can find nothing in the Frame documentation: Is there any way to
> import a single or a selected subset of variable values from one
> document to another? I tend to think there is not, that it is
> all-or-nothing, but I thought I'd check to be sure.

Are you talking about importing a handful of new variables or redefining
the values for a handful of existing variables?  If it's the former, there
is a workaround that isn't too onerous, but if it's the latter there are
only two indirect solutions I'm aware of:
A) script it with FrameScript(fine if you have the tool...)
B) do it as text replacements in MIF (not much easier than doing it
    manually, it seems to me...)

The workaqround for importing new variables (names not yet defined in
the target document) is this:
1) In the document that contains the variables, create a temporary
    paragraph that contains each of the desired variables.
2) Copy that paragraph and paste it into the other document. The
    variable names and definitions will be added to that document's
    list of user variables.
If any variable's name is already defined in the second document,
the paste operation will only insert a reference to the existing variable
without changing its definition.

-Fred Ridder
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008