Rene,

   If you're interested in a Mac running VMWare's Fusion, Parallel's
Desktop, or any other emulation/virtualization software, Macworld
Magazine did a comparison of these programs within the past three or
four months. You might still find it available on their Web site.

   I also agree with Art on the 10-key peripheral. They're fairly cheap
and MUCH easier/cheaper to replace than a new keyboard or computer! If
it's something that would fit into your work method/style, it just might
help you out quite a bit.

   Apple is making a push for more of the business market, and has been
for quite a few years since they introduced their own rack-mounted
server. Recently, with the increased sales/market share of Macs, Apple
is also pushing their computers more towards the business market, too.
With the help of virtualization software and Apple's own Boot Camp
software, there's little that a Mac can't do these days. PC Magazine has
for quite a few years now considered a Mac laptop one of the best, and
PC World and Consumer Reports usually agrees with them, for what that
might be worth.

Good luck with your decision and purchase, whatever it might be!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222