Generally I sing the praises about how much more stable Frame's
cross-references are than Word.

I just had a really odd occurrence, though, which I need to understand.

I removed a heading which was the link destination of several
cross-references.

When I searched for broken cross-references, none were found.

Instead the cross-reference retained it's old label (expected) but
linked to a nearby heading instead.

This is obviously dangerous.

Any ideas about what could cause this and how to prevent it?

David Kuhn
Technical Writer, PBG

+1.972.9.776.1956 (desk)
+1.972.54.307.8987 (mobile)

AMDOCS > CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SYSTEMS INNOVATION