Although the Acrobat 9 Pro installation does take a tremendous amount of disk
space
(of which nearly 725MB are the installation files so that Acrobat can "self
heal"
when there are problems), that does not account for the two hour installation
cited.

I have performed Acrobat 9 Pro Extended installations on nearly a dozen systems
and
none took more than about twenty minutes (all installation options were
selected).
Perhaps on the system in question, the disk partition was highly fragmented?
That
could account for extended installation times (although even with fragmentation,
two hours is ludicrous).

        - Dov