Version: FM9
OS: XP Pro with SP3

I am almost finished transferring my User Manuals from MS Word to FM9, however,
I have run into a problem with some images.

In Word, I use Text Boxes to highlight various items in an image. Each Text Box
is surrounded by a border of a specific weight that sits a specific distance
from the actual text.

I have not been able to achieve this effect in FM9 with Text Frames. After a
bit of trial and error I managed to get the side borders to sit a specific
distance from the text (eg, 1mm) but the text on the top always touches the
actual text as if it were an underline (or "overline" as it were). The
Paragraph style I created to use inside the Text Frame specifies the indents
and spacing but the text doesn't seem to obey the Above and Below Pgf settings
- no matter how big I make them.

Does anyone have any suggestions for overcoming this? I have a lot of these
"labeled" images to handle. I just gave a quick try to create an image with
Visio and then import it, but Visio seems to have issues of its own.

I can send an example image of what I am getting in FM9 as well as I what I am
trying for (from Word) if this would help.

Also, is there any way to make the corners of the Text Frames rounded instead
of square?

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer