You're all right of course, the best thing would be to fix the file
generation by Miramo. Barring that, FrameScript seems like an
acceptable fall-back solution.

Thanks for everybody's replies and help, it's been most helpful to
understand a problem we're fighting with for a quite long time!

cheers,
Jakob.