Hi Tammy, love the email subject, and no apologies needed :)

Not really sure why you are seeing inconsistencies, but one thing to remember
is that regardless of whether the designers are shown/hidded or
docked/undocked, the keyboard shortcuts always work and this is something I
continue to use in FM9, namely:

Paragraph Designer = Ctrl+M
Character Designer = Ctrl+D
Table Designer = Ctrl + T

Also, sometimes when I need a bit more real estate, I'll even hide the entire
UI (click the UI Visibility icon at top) and then use the keyboard shortcuts
above to just bring up these pods.

Having said that, I'm happy to see that many people continue to feel more
comfortable with the new FM9 UI as it is our goal at Adobe to standardize all
of our apps on this same UI model as we move forward.

This includes the upcoming Captivate for Mac, for which I recently posted a
sneak peek here in case you are interested in seeing:
http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2009/11/a_sneak_peek_of_adobe_captivat.html

Sincerely,

RJ J?cquez
Senior Product Evangelist