The horrendous amount of real estate that these blasted pods take up is just
mind-boggling and it appears to be all or nothing.  Either the pod has to be
open all the way or you can "iconize" the view, neither of which is a
feasible solution. The interface I would like, as "antiquated" as it might
be is one that mimics ghosts of FM past - you know, having the paragraph
designer open as a list of the tags, the character designer open as a list
of tags, etc.

I have watched RJ's video on customizing the workspace, and all that is
shown is the "completely open" or "iconized" version. Unless it was just
inadvertently left out of the presentation, there appears to be no way to
get the "in-between" version - just the lists please.

Has anyone figured out a way to get this "in-between" appearance of the two
most basic pods - paragraph and character designer or am I stuck with
Adobe's almost eerily "we are like Microsoft approach" - that is, we give
you what we think is best and too bad if it isn't?

Sorry RJ - just can't quite embrace this new interface - after using it for
a few days now, I would rather be embracing a stiff drink and a handful of
aspirin!

TGIF!!!

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal