At 11:14 AM 10/28/2009, Diane Gaskill wrote:
>Even more challenging, to put it nicely, because profile attribute
>settings (the DocBook XML equivalent of conditional text) cannot be
>imported across the book from one chapter like conditional text can.  I'm
>told that there is no function in the FDK that can do this, so apparently
>FS cannot solve this problem.

Diane,
   I'm not sure what you mean here. It is true that importing formats from
one document to others (including those in a book) does not import the
definition of attribute expressions used by filter-by-attribute; nor does
it apply the filter used in the source to the destination documents.
However, at least in FM9, the FDK can do so.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284