Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martijn Pieters wrote:
>> On Dec 13, 2007 5:13 PM, Andreas Zeidler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> so, +1 from me, provided we're gonna have the wrapper for cssQuery and
>>> an easy way to switch back to the old implementation and the original
>>> cssQuery in case anybody needs those...   again something for the
>>> migration docs, i suppose.
>> cssQuery will be moved to the deprecated skin layer and disabled in
>> the js tool, so it can be re-enabled quite easily.
>
> -1
>
> Moving it to deprecated is fine, but please do not disable it on
> migration. Not enabling it for new sites is fine, but disabling it on
> migration has a too big risk of breaking things. We can and should add
> text to the release notes that say that cssQuery is now deprecated and
> admins can try to disable it on their site to reduce their page size.
>
> Better safe than sorry.

A bit unrelated, but should we maybe try to enhance our upgrade story in
a way that we list required and optional steps in it and provide the
user with a way to select/deselect the optional steps?

So disabling cssQuery would go into an optional step and get a
description explaining why we want to remove it from the site.

For cssQuery that won't work as we don't have that infrastructure yet
and it's past plip deadline for 3.1, so keeping it enabled on upgrade is
probably better.

I'd be interested to improve our upgrade story eventually for 3.2, though ;)

Hanno