On 18. des.. 2008, at 09:17, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

I am however very disappointed by the fact that this framework team only consists of highly skilled developers and does not have anyone with user
interface design experience.

UI team:
The team dealing with User Interfaces, Accessibility, XHTML, CSS and ECMA/Javascript.

Framework team:
Responsible for feature evaluation and general guidance on architectural decisions. The Framework Team reviews and suggests features for inclusion in releases.

Although we all agree that UI is important, the framework team description only mentions feature evaluation and guidance on architectural decisions, and I don't associate framework with UI - especially when we have two teams. Should the description be changed in any way?

If we need UI people to approve PLIPs we have to change the process to involve the UI team in some way.

One solution is to always having a number of people chosen by the UI team on the framework team, another one is to have the UI team also review PLIPs and give recommendations to the release manager alongside the framework team.

 Helge Tesdal · Senior Developer, Jarn · www.jarn.com

   Plone Solutions, Development, Hosting and Support