On 18.12.2008, at 11:21, Martin Aspeli wrote:

In particular, one of the things we'd discussed and would like to see
more of, is a consultative approach where the framework team reviewer
asks for review from people outside the team. Anyone who is motivated
to contribute opinions will be heartily encouraged to do so, and it
will be within the framework team's remit to actively solict those
opinions.

i really want to stress this point (if only by repeating it here...)

this is a fundamental change in how the framework team will operate from now on. we're no longer just a group of individuals who quietly need to make some sense of PLIPs and their implementation on their own but more of a clearing house.

i can't imagine that any PLIP will be approved or denied without the evaluating fwt members having consulted with at least one of the 'usual UI suspects' beforehand. and as wichert himself already mentioned: all of those are currently very busy anyway, so i think it's best for everybody, if they are relieved from the 'leg work' and can focus on UI issues without having to follow all of the fwt discussions and proceedings.

cheers,

tom