On 27. juli. 2009, at 22.12, Jon Stahl wrote:

Absolutely.  Getting the code into the Foundation's long-term
conservancy is very much worth doing if it's not too terribly hard.
I've not been through the process before of moving Collective code to
the Foundation, but I know Jarn has done this, so perhaps Geir can
enlighten us there on whether any additional steps are required other
than making sure all contributors have signed the Contributor
Agreement.

I don't know of any special considerations beyond the normal ones.
- Code must meet Plone's quality assurance level. (i.e pass PLIP review)
- All contributors must have signed the agreement.
- Some sort of consensus that the code is of general use to Plone and the community, and that the community is the best entity to manage maintenance long term.
- Licensing

Makes sense to me to move it to the Plone repository in preparation of PLIP review — as long as licenses match and all contributors are clear.

:-)

 Geir Bækholt · Managing Director, Jarn · www.jarn.com

   Plone Solutions, Development, Hosting and Support