Hanno Schlichting wrote:
1.8 (2008-04-05)

Added console command to the instance script, which is equivalent to
fg but does not implicitly turn on debug mode but respects the
zope.conf setting. [hannosch]

One month later we changed it not to fork a process internally, so
this is what we've been using for supervisord configurations for
years.

I've updated http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual/managing-projects-with-buildout/creating-a-buildout-for-your-project
to reflect the availability of this command:

"""
Running:

bin/instance console

is equivalent to bin/instance fg, but does not implicitly turn on debug mode but respects the debug-mode setting in buildout.cfg. This can be useful to run Zope in non-development mode with daemon-control programs like supervisord.
"""

I hope it's ok. :)

-- israel