To clarify, the OP requested advice on a cheapo projector-and-camcorder
transfer.

There are lots of reasons for people to do this, especially with work in
progress. It might even be considered a video work-print. However, for serious
work shot in film that is going to be distributed in digital form, a proper
scan is the way to go. k.a.r may not be at that point yet, or may have a
different purpose in mind. In no way did I mean to suggest that
telecine-by-projection is a substitute for a proper scan. It's not.

Of course, a lot depends on the aesthetic strategies involved. People go lo-fi
for a reason, with everything from Super-8 to Pixelvision to funky compressed
Quicktimes. A DIY telecine could be fine for certain limited kinds of things -
including the transfer of already 'distressed' archival material to be included
in a doco. But if you see the work in your mind's-eye as lovely rich filmic
imagery, (generally transfers of film you shot yourself) trying to save the
cost of a scan is penny-wise and results-foolish.

Though I have no personal experience with Bito and Miko, or Kinetta transfers,
I trust Jeff's unquestioned expertise in these matters, and were I in need of a
scan, I would be eager to investigate any suggestion he would have.