Hi folks,

A few months back I posted a request for references to makers working
with, and writers writing about, film leaders. I got a few replies,
and have also followed up on some of my own leads. Anyway, here's what
I've got so far; paltry I know, but there ya go. (Thanks to Ken for
the reminder.)

Best,

Matt

- Technical writing

'Your Film and The Lab'
L.Bernard Happe. Focal Press 'Media Manual' series

- Films

'At the Academy' (1974) Guy Sherwin
http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/sherwin-at-the-academy-t12986

'Rohfilm' (1968) Birgit and Wilhelm Hein
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-jrN_MVmnM

'Material Film' (1976, 35min) Birgit and Wilhelm Hein

'Lost Leaders #1' (2012, 50secs) Matt Soar and Jackie Gallant
http://vimeo.com/36546876

'Unstable Grounds' (2011, 7' 30") Alexandra Navratil
http://www.alexandranavratil.com/projects/Unstable-Grounds

- On china girls

Roth, Lorna (2009) 'Looking at Shirley, the Ultimate Norm: Colour
Balance, Image Technologies, and Cognitive Equity' Canadian Journal of
Communication 34(1).
http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/view/126/showToc

Girls on Film (Harvard U, 2005) curated by Karin Segal and Julie Buck
http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2005/07.21/00-girls.html

Doane, Mary Ann (2011). 'Screening the Avant-Garde Face'. In Judith
Butler and Elizabeth Weed (Eds.) Questions of Gender. Indiana U Press.

--
Matt Soar

www.about.me/soar