Hello all, a few months back I posted a call for submissions here for the
Crystal Palace: 1st ArtSpace Experimental Film and Video Festival that I
started in New Haven CT. I'm pleased to say the fest will premiere on OCT. 5,
playing til Oct. 22 with continual looped showings of 21 gems of experimental
film and video. I'm doing a curator talk / special screening / artist Q&A with
Bobby Abate on Oct. 18 at 7pm. All free and open to the public. Location:
ArtSpace, 50 Orange St., New Haven CT. Theme is crystals, gems, and multiple
facets, in a 21st century digital media transmutation on the 1851 Crystal
Palace. Deleuze said that films are like crystals, n'est-ce pas?   More info:
http://artspacenh.org/ Press: as the Yale Daily News sez, it's the
"avant-garde,
crystallized"http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2012/sep/14/avant-garde-crystalized/
 Traveling program: kicks off on the left coast with screening at Krowswork in
Oakland, California in December, ATA in San Francisco, & now booking more sites
worldwideContact: please get in touch if interested in hosting a screening of
Crystal Palace by emailing liena_vayz...@hotmail.com. Thanks!CRYSTAL PALACE:
1ST ARTSPACE EXPERIMENTAL FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVAL21 gems of international
film+video art screening continually Oct. 5-22, 2012 Plus nightly projections
after dark outside the Crown St. window of ArtSpace Special screening with
curator + artist talk: October 18, 7:00pmOrganized by Liena
VayzmanCrystal-themed, crystallizing, and multi-faceted video art and
experimental films in this festival take as points of departure the cultural,
scientific, spiritual, and mathematical associations of crystals, gems, and
glass. Like the original Crystal Palace plate-glass building, a marvel of
engineering constructed by Joseph Paxton for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in
London, ArtSpace's Crystal Palace illuminates and amazes with innovative
digital and film art of our time. Crystal balls and handmade prisms, shamanic
journeys and Indian salt mines, psychadelic Crystal Light drink mix and
Victorian animation, mirrors on 16mm  and windows on HD -- and even crystals
grown on a celluloid filmstrip -- all glimmer on our magic screen. Total
running time: 2 hours, continual loop.  Participating Artists & Works: Abigail
Child (New York)  - Peripeteia IIAlexander Stewart + White/Light (Chicago) -
CrustsBobby Abate (Brooklyn) - GossipCade Bursell (Carbondale IL) - Salt
LinesCara Levine (San Francisco) - It Ain’t Me You’re Looking ForEric Stewart
(San Francisco) - StrataFilipe Rodrigues Afonso (Lisboa, Portugal) -
Atracados/MooredJen Cohen (San Francisco) - Venus+XJessica Miller (San
Francisco) - Polarity Convergence John Stone (New York) - Fearful
SymmetryKathleen Quillian (Oakland) - Fin de Siecle Leigh Orpaz (Tel Aviv) -
Ice Swan Michael Lasater (South Bend IN) - Crossing Berlin 1927Patrick Tarrant
(London) - Everything is Everyday Rebecca Nijdowski (San Francisco) - from
Black Sun seriesRKDB (Oakland) - Interdimensional Pew RoomShambhavi Kaul
(Mumbai, India / Durham NC) - Scene 32Shana Moulton (Brooklyn) - Whispering
Pines #8Suzy Poling / Pod Blotz (San Francisco) - Natural PowersThorsten
Fleisch (Berlin) - Kosmos and Energie!