Hi Ittai --

My memory is hazy, but I remember there's a Jane Campion film -- I think it might be The Piano, but possibly an earlier film than that -- where a girl is telling a story and it suddenly cuts to a short hand-drawn animation sequence. It's the only moment in the film that's like that (the rest of the movie is "live-action") and it's never really explained why we're seeing it like this, though it does relate to the story the girl is telling. (If I'm remembering correctly...it's possible I'm just imagining remembering it.....but I'm sure others on fw would know for sure.)

Carl