George Kuchar’s diary “Kingdom By the Sea” (2002) is structured around, and
contains a “performance” of, Edgar Allen Poe’s poem “The Enigma.”

From: Kelly Gallagher
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 2:42 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Literature and experimental film

Exciting topic! As a handcrafted cinema maker myself, my mind immediately goes
to Jan Svankmajer. Many of his films are based off of literary tales and
stories. (From writers such as Lewis Carroll, Edgar Allen Poe, Horace Walpole,
etc). Ah, and then thinking of Poe, I think of about Jean Epstein's Fall of the
House of Usher.
Best of luck!
-Kelly Gallagher
www.purpleriot.com