Hey team Frameworks,

 I just thought I would share news that I received from Kodak... not sure
if the list already knew about this and it is repetition but I felt it
warranted sharing.

 Probably in December Kodak will be announcing the discontinuation of a
number of motion picture film products. The products I know about are:

*7207 & 7203* 100’
*Tri-X* 400’
*5222* 1000’
*7222* 100’ 400’

 There may be more than I am aware of. This is in addition to the sad news
about Ektachrome and Hi Con.

 It may be time for Frameworks to consider contacting (or choosing a
Frameworks representative to contact) the higher ups at Kodak to express
the importance that the less industrial, less Hollywood products really
need to be maintained during this challenging time in order that we can
continue to expose young filmmakers and the public to the merits and beauty
of film. All of us on this list help Kodak in various ways by creating our
works on their film stock, and this in turn helps to ensure films presence
moving forward in the motion picture world - whether it be workshops with
kids who will become the filmmakers of the future, experimental cinema or
the fine arts/gallery settings, our efforts help Kodak and we need to make
sure we are pleading our case that they maintain the products we use.
Mainly, I am speaking about Tri-X in 100' 16mm and S8... I was told they
originally were going to discontinue the 100' loads of Tri-X 16mm.
Thankfully, enough people (perhaps film schools and educators) sent letters
to Kodak complaining that this would essentially hinder there ability to
promote film and inspire new generations to appreciate it, so Kodak is
continuing its sale for now.

 Perhaps we need a concerted effort from Frameworks to speak to Kodak about
the merits of maintaining introductory, educational and smaller gauge film
products during this time. I am thinking there must be some way to make
them realize that the only way we will have Tarantinos lobbying major
production companies to guarantee Kodak contracts in the future is to be
able to show the next generation what it means to work on film.

 Thanks!