This whole thing with Kodak is just so sad--historically, culturally,
professionally, and personally. So disappointed as well.
Tim

From: bolext...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:53:06 -0400
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Kodak Film Stocks to be Discontinued, Announced in
December

Cheap shot? Maybe. I'm just so disappointed in Kodak, personally.
I meet filmmakers all the time and it's surprising how many completely ignore
the fact that there are other manufacturers in the world apart from Kodak that
produce motion picture film stock. Some are truly amazed when I mention this to
them.True, when it comes to color negative stocks, Kodak are the only source at
the moment. For everything else, there are options out there, luckily.
Jean-Louis

On 2014-08-30, at 12:21 PM, Edward Choi wrote:I'm a little confused about the
discontinuation of 7203 and 7207 in 100' rolls. Does it really save them that
much at the margins when they're continuing to manufacture the stock itself and
offer it in larger quantities? If someone who knows more about the way their
manufacturing chain is set up could explain this, and perhaps disabuse me of my
naivety, I would be most grateful!

edo