I would be wary of either repairing or modifying your splicer IF you care about
good registration and splices that don’t jump.  In the old days, steel film was
used to check alignment, along with other gauges.  Without those you are just
guessing, and this isn’t a place you want to guess!  You probably can find a
working used splicer at a good price.

> On Feb 8, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> Cardinal in Baltimore has some spare parts for M-H splicers in their
> copious back room.
>
> However, I don't think it would be impossible to make your own pins
> out of brass stock.  They don't have to be super hard, and the profile
> does not have to be perfect as long as it is consistent, I don't think.
> ---scott

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com