This is a lot like what his films seem to aspired to be, and clearly
demonstrates Noren's sensitivity to these things.

P. Adams Sitney has described that Scott MacDonald interview with Noren
(which was conducted through mail I believe and subject to intense scrutiny
and amendment by Noren) as basically Noren's manifesto and seemed
astonished that, as a writer, Scott MacDonald would turn this over so
completely to Noren. To me that piece is indeed a very provocative piece
and, however it went down, it's really great that Scott was able to get all
that into print...