Hi Chris, my friend and I have JK's. He has developed a controller that
will allow any digital slr to function as the capture device. It replaces
the mechanical/cam driven device that comes with the JK. All that to say
that I/w would be interested in participating in a more JK specific forum.
Being able to capture s16mm and 16mm footage in this manner is a game
change for us, the cost of hd telecine is insane here in LA. Keep me posted.

my email is jrventr...@gmail.com

Best,
Joe V.
Red Route Tech
Hopscotch Opera
Hopscotchopera.com

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Chris G <spy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Zach,
>
> I started implementing Matt's mcopy on my JK somewhere around the
> beginning of the year. It's a really nice system. It took me a while to
> work out some of my own kinks and apply his ideas to a slight varied setup.
> I've only seen excerpts from Break the Machine, but I was really excited
> about what I saw, especially having some greater familiarity with some of
> the specific projects.
>
> I ordered the LZC-83MC00. I will order the MR16 1 drivers as well, do you
> know of any North American/European distributors? I can't find any. I want
> to reach out to you about your hack once I have them.
>
> I agree a thousand times over that we are at a very exciting conjunction
> with film + digital technology. I would really enjoy it if there were a
> more common forum for this subset of film-users. It seems like neither
> here, cinematography.com or more tech/code centered sites are necessarily
> very active with this information, but it (seems) like there are a number
> of people working on similar projects, at least in the experimental
> community. If you/anyone out there listening are interested, I think it
> would be nice to start a wiki/forum.
>

> Chris

Thank you,
JV