Hi Sasha,
Thanks for posting about that.
Nicolas describes here how to make one:
http://www.filmlabs.org/docs/telecine16eng.pdf
It runs at 18fps and the camera is a FireWire camera. There is no lens or ground glass - the camera is focused on the film surface. It uses a contact on the flywheel to ensure capturing one video frame for every film frame. There are some steps to follow after capturing to create the QT file, and if you are working from color negative then there is a whole process to create a batch file for photoshop to run each frame through black magic and flip the colors. That's all described here: http://www.filmlabs.org/index.php/technical-tips/invertcolorneg/
-Pip