Hello Frameworkers,

I have a 16mm hot splicer (Maier-Hancock, like this one on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8T8f2RaWI>) that I got for free many
years ago and never used.  Now, I need to cement splice some of my negative
together for a digitizing session.  I am not sure whether my splicer is
working correctly.  How hot will it get before it is ready to splice?  Mine
heats up but doesn't get very hot and in my first attempts at splicing it
didn't work.  This could be because it the splicer isn't hot enough or due
to my lack of experience.  There are several splicers on eBay and I don't
mind purchasing another if I need to.  Does anyone in the Seattle area have
one they would let me use?

As always, many thanks for your help.

CC
Caryn Cline