http://www.apecity.com/manuals/pdf/maier-hancock_portable_hot_splicer_instructions.pdf

Fresh cement is critical.
Sherman

On Oct 9, 2016, at 2:37 PM, Caryn Cline
<carynycl...@gmail.com<mailto:carynycl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello Frameworkers,

I have a 16mm hot splicer (Maier-Hancock, like this one on
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8T8f2RaWI>) that I got for free many
years ago and never used.  Now, I need to cement splice some of my negative
together for a digitizing session.  I am not sure whether my splicer is working
correctly.  How hot will it get before it is ready to splice?  Mine heats up
but doesn't get very hot and in my first attempts at splicing it didn't work.
This could be because it the splicer isn't hot enough or due to my lack of
experience.  There are several splicers on eBay and I don't mind purchasing
another if I need to.  Does anyone in the Seattle area have one they would let
me use?

As always, many thanks for your help.

CC
Caryn Cline