Clockwork PC <clockwor...@gmail.com>
writes:

> There are at least two discussions in this thread:
>
>    1. What ratio of men and women should we consider both desirable and
>    realistic?

I don't see that any number is going to be objectively useful as an
answer, so I don't think pursuing that line of enquiry is helpful.

You've already encountered – and separately expressed – a much better
goal: that no member, of any sex, should feel uncomfortable in our
community because of their sex.

That has some amount to do with ratios, and much more to do with
attitudes perceived and expressed.

>    2. Is the current extremely small number of women in Free Software due
>    to the behaviour of men in Free Software to its current and past women
>    members?

I'd rather continue with the earlier focus:

What practices do we as a community presently have that treat women as
otherly, strange, and less than full members? What can we, as a
community and as individuals, do to recognise and minimise those
practices?

--
 \        “The World is not dangerous because of those who do harm but |
  `\          because of those who look at it without doing anything.” |