Matt Giuca <matt.gi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm under the understanding that if you don't use the official Android,
> then you can't use the Android Market (or "Google Play" now). Is this
> correct?

I don't know. I've never used that, I use only the F-Droid repository
<URL:http://f-droid.org/> which provides all the apps I've installed,
and they're all free software.

Perhaps other stores are able to be used also, but the Android Market
likely has artificial restrictions on who can connect.

--
 \         “In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong |
  `\          with the majority than to be right alone.” —John Kenneth |