On 26 April 2012 12:58, Tim Cuthbertson <t...@gfxmonk.net> wrote:
> There's a note on that page that some apps can now be downloaded from
> the marketplace, but it's important to realise that the marketplace
> app itself is one such binary-only app that you can't legally get
> unless it came with your phone.
>
> There _are_ links to downloads of the google apps on that wiki, but I
> expect it's illegal to distribute them, and maybe even to download
> them.

The google apps have been included with the iso distribution of
android-x86 - does this mean downloading it is illegal?

Supposedly android-x86 is entirely open source - see
http://www.android-x86.org/ - I wonder if somebody made a mistake
including this stuff in the ISO. Unfortunately, nobody responded to my
forum post, maybe I should open a ticket???
--
Brian May <br...@microcomaustralia.com.au>