Yes...here's what I've got so far:
    1> I open one socket on my side at server initialization (I let Java pick the
local port) for
sending UDP packets
    2> Parse the GET HTTP....headers when FreeAmp connects and obtain it's receiving
UDP port (usually
10000 +)
    3> Send the x-audiocast.... strings as two separate packets to FreeAmp on it's
receiving (the
10000 +)
port (to be more specific: I create a datagram packet with the FreeAmp IP address and
the UDP port it
gave me
in the GET headers, and send the packet off).
   4> I've verified that "something" has control of the passed in FreeAmp UDP port by
trying to open
another UDP
port using that same number and something (FreeAmp I presume) always owns that port.

I'm pretty damn sure those are the correct steps. I'm also careful to create byte
arrays for the data
payload
of the UDP packet. Is there any way to see what FreeAmp is capturing on its UDP port?
Could this have
anything to do with byte order (i.e. big/little endian) - java is always big endian.

Still scratching my head on this one,

Bruce