but not happy with that, is very big, I dont have a clear idea about how to do those..
Can you make the current harbour available for download?
Not at the moment, those were crappy, no texturing, really big anyway.

BTW; do you know freecol.sf.net, it's a GPL remake of Colonization
(unfortunately written in Java), but their harbour graphics look
really nice, maybe you can find some inspiration.

Check those, done something,
http://www.pccable.es/images/village1.jpg
http://www.pccable.es/images/village2.jpg

C+C on these please, no texturing at the moment, probably village1 is
the medium village, and village2 is an idea for Port Royal :)

also found some gpl texture of water, havent tested ..
http://www.pccable.es/images/water_1_orig.png

I use gentoo, but a ebuild seems difficult, since it depends on ogre-0.14.1, and latest ebuild is 0.14.0, but I could try to do that..
I'm not aware of a specific new feature in 0.14.1 that freebooters depends
on? Did you get a broken build when compiling with 0.14.0?
Havent tested, Im on 0.14.1, using gentoo but I just use some overlay
ebuilds to get latest version of ogre, Im looking forward to 0.15,
should be out any moment, they fix some problem with terrainmanager when
we hit that. ... Not sure just something I see in forums..