On Friday 03 September 2010 02:31 am, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 03/09/2010 06:01 Ian Smith said the following:
> > But that's really an aside from the real issue you identify
> > below, and perhaps also some TZ value/s being 'absurd' ..
>
> Let's try to not mix these things together just yet.
> acpi_hp/acpi_wmi problems should not affect acpi_ec in any way.
> (the converse could be true, but let's not go there yet...)

Uh...  If I am reading acpi_wmi.c correctly, it installs its own
version of EC handler and EC is directly read/written via
ACPI_EC_READ() and ACPI_EC_WRITE() from there.  Apparently, it just
bypasses EC serialization and "affects" EC.  Am I reading it wrong?

BTW, it is kinda messy way to handle EC. :-(

Jung-uk Kim