Bruce Evans wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > [sent to both -current and -arch]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > doscmd breaks cross-building, because it depends on X11 which obviously
> > is not in the source tree (see below). I'm proposing to remove doscmd
> > from the source tree and make it a port (emulators/doscmd).
>
> But it doesn't depend on X11.  It ifdefs some X11 files and only builds
> the X11 version if X11 seems to be present.

X11 can be present, but it won't necessarily be a usable X11. A i386
cross-build on Alpha will use an alpha X11 to build an i386 doscmd.
That's wrong.

> > >From a i386 cross-build on Alpha:
> >
> > cc -O -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include -DDISASSEMBLER
> > -I/usr/obj/i386/usr/src/alpha/usr/include -o doscmd AsyncIO.o
> > ParseBuffer.o bios.o callback.o cpu.o dos.o cmos.o config.o cwd.o
> > debug.o disktab.o doscmd.o ems.o emuint.o exe.o i386-pinsn.o int.o
> > int10.o int13.o int14.o int16.o int17.o int1a.o int2f.o intff.o mem.o
> > mouse.o net.o port.o setver.o signal.o timer.o trace.o trap.o tty.o
> > xms.o  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: file not recognized: File format not
> > recognized
> > *** Error code 1
>
> It uses wrong ifdefs for the X11 files :-).  It should never find any X11
> files for building worlds, since there are no X11 includes or libraries
> under ${WORLDTMP}.  Adding some ${DESTDIR}'s is probably a sufficient fix.

Ok, but this means that we won't install doscmd with X11 support
anymore. The user has to rebuild doscmd itself to have X11 support. In
that case, it's better to have it in the ports collection...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/