In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Marcel Moolenaar writes:
: I think it's too system dependent to live in the source tree :-)

I don't.  It is highly dependent on kernel elements.

: From the manpage:
: -x  Open an X11 window to display output.  This enables a variety in-
:     terrupts not available otherwise.
:
: Simply compiling with X support also isn't enough, because the default
: font (vga) is not present in a default X installation. Ergo: doscmd
: won't run in a X window unless you grab a compatible font from the net.

Don't need to run with the default font.  I've done that *MANY*
times.  Still works, but you don't get the ibm character set encoding,
which isn't that big a deal.

Warner