<snip>

> At 8:29 PM -0800 2000/1/8, FreeBSD wrote:
>
> >  Again, I ask, if all you want to do is flame, take it to
> private e-mail and
> >  let's leave the lists out of this.
>
>       I don't think you get the point.  If you continue to use an alias
> (as opposed to your real name), then it looks like everyone is just
> going to filter out your e-mail, and therefore it will do no good
> whatsoever to attempt to continue to post here.

I don't think YOU get it. I don't care if I'm filtered, that's your right.
I'm not about to post my personal info to a public list. If I'm not taken
seriously, fine. If I'm filtered, fine. If people don't like it, fine. It's
not going to change.

>       And if you go too far in this questionable behaviour, we may have
> to ask the FreeBSD Postmaster to remove you from the mailing lists
> and put you into the "spam" filters so that you are no longer capable
> of sending anything to the lists.

What's so questionable about protecting personal info in a public list? Why
don't you include your SSN, mother maiden name, home phone and home address
while you're at it? I'd suggest reading some web pages about internet
security (I don't mean the hacking exploit kind) they all say to keep as
much personal info off the net as possible. As I've stated before if the
charters are changed to demand personal info to be subscribed I'll
unsubscribe because my personal info is not, and should not be, public
information.

>       Please cease and desist, before you do more damage to yourself
> and the lists.

I will NOT.

> --
>    These are my opinions -- not to be taken as official Skynet policy
>   ____________________________________________________________________
> |o| Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            Belgacom Skynet NV/SA |o|
> |o| Systems Architect, News & FTP Admin      Rue Col. Bourg, 124   |o|
> |o| Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.11.11/12.49         B-1140 Brussels       |o|
> |o| http://www.skynet.be                     Belgium               |o|
>   Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.
>    Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.

FreeBSD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"