> At 4:48 AM -0800 2000/1/9, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> >  For instance, just because someone  has an email name which resembles
> >  a real name lets say "Brad Knowles" does not necessarily mean that the
> >  real "Brad Knowles is sending the mail assuming of course that there
> >  is a Brad Knowles.
>
>       I've built up enough history over the years (all the while using
> my real name and a real e-mail address, although the address has
> changed over the years as I've changed employers, etc...) that you
> can go do some AltaVista or Hotbot searches and find enough stuff
> that I've written that we can be reasonably sure that this really is
> me.  I may not be proud of some of the stupid things I've done or
> said over the years, but I'll own up to them regardless.
>
>       I'd say that the same is probably true of most of the people
> posting to the various lists.

We have a new existential proof, "I'm archived, therefore I am"!  :-)

Seriously, Brad, I'm not convinced that you're anything more than a
complex PERL program until I meet you in person.  Particularly since
you seem to have more time and energy to spend posting to Usenet and
mailing lists than anyone else I know.  ;-)

... Joe