On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 12:11:51PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Max Khon writes:
> : actually instructions are wrong.
> : you can't build xinstall before `make buildworld' now with old libc.
>
> I've seen multiple, conflicting reports on this.  I've not personally
> hit this bug.  What's the exact sequence one must do?

The old /usr/bin/install will fail right after new libutil gets installed.
But at this point, we will already have new libc in /usr/lib.

So, if the installworld fails, we need to install new "install" with itself:

cd src/usr.bin/xinstall && make install
INSTALL=/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall

And then repeat installworld again.

There is no need to repeat this procedure every time, just once,
and only if installworld fails ;=)

--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA of the
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        United Commercial Bank,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age