> > ntp should use the POSIX feature test macros for these functions.
> > Unfortunately, it uses autoconfig, and we turn this into hard coded
> > configuration by committing the generated config.h file as a source
> > file.
>
> Wouldn't work. Autoconf finds the sched_* functions regardless of their
> presence in the kernel config. file. Autoconf is a compile-time utility
> whereas we'd need something more sophisticated to get this right.

Actually the current way works pretty well. Ntpd will try to use the
sched_* functions, but if they fail it will try other ways to set
the priority. It is just the fact that it logs the the fact that the
sched_* functions are not available that gives people a shock ...
and a chance to enable it in their kernel. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]