On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 10:20:14AM -0500, Brian Feldman wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > >
> > > I still don't think we're getting any closer to the question "Why is
> > > Netscape unstable on CURRENT when it worked fine for me on STABLE?" The
> > > problem seems to be that those who know enough to offer a useful answer
> > > don't seem to be seeing the instability reported.
> > >
> > > So if this thread isn't going to be dropped, the focus should probably
> > > be shifted to "What information should we request from people who have
> > > this problem?"
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Sheldon.
> >
> > If you have Netscape problems, it would be worthwhile to try removing
> > -DVM_STACK from src/sys/compile/BLAH/Makefile and doing a make clean all
> > install. I am pretty certain this is the cause of Netscape crashing, at
> > least
> > on startup...
>
> Anything is possible.  FWIW, though, I've been running with -DVM_STACK
> enabled for over a month, and I use Netscape 4.5 everyday, and never had
> a problem.

Netscape 4.08 here, never had VM_STACK being used before.... most recent kernel.
I booted with a new kernel to find out netscape sig11d on start-up. Then I
booted /kernel.old and Netscape worked fine. So I booted a brand-new kernel
without VM_STACK and Netscape runs. Go figure? :) The old kernel had not
VM_STACK. Anyhoo, I'm making world in hopes of getting rid of that damned ps
error.

> --
> Richard Seamman, Jr.          email: d...@tar.com
> 5182 N. Maple Lane            phone: 414-367-5450
> Chenequa WI 53058             fax:   414-367-5852

 Brian Feldman                                    _ __  ___ ___ ___
 gr...@unixhelp.org                           _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
             http://www.freebsd.org/     _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ ___ ____ _____ |___/___/___/