On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Jeremy Lea wrote:

> Mozilla will only be ELF, since it is very likely that the minumum
> compiler will be egcs.  It will also need GTK+, not Motif.

Eh no.  Look at their web pages, they _recommend_ gcc 2.7.x, so it should
still work just fine with a.out systems.

> I'm surprised the old Netscape needed libg++...

Netscape probably used the most prominent compiler available for
FreeBSD/a.out, gcc 2.7.x.  This meant using the old libstdc++ which
probably depended on libg++.  If you feel like hacking around with the
Netscape binary, you could try a dummy libg++ to see if it really uses
libg++ functions (which I doubt it is).  Most likely it's just some stupid
libstdc++ dependencies.

- alex