On 3 Sep 2017, at 06:31, Cy Schubert <cy.schub...@komquats.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up Johannes. I currently have three machines that each
> run ATI r128, mach64 and the last one an mga card. I normally use my i945
> and i915 laptops (mostly the former) but on occasion I may fire up X on one
> of the other three. Having a drm-legacy port in the tree would benefit to
> me.

It’s been quite a while since I used any of these (though much of the list is
very familiar), but the last machine I ran with a mach64 card was faster with
the vesa driver than with the ‘accelerated’ driver (as I recall, it was a
500MHz Pentium III).  I suspect the real question is not whether people have
machines that use these cards, but whether they do anything with them where
they’d notice the lack of acceleration.