In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Tony Finch writes:
: Warner Losh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >Mike Smith writes:
: >>
: >> If I remember from a discussion with John Baldwin, the reason we
: >> don't do this (yet) is that HLT only wakes up when you take an
: >> interrupt, and there are cases where we can't guarantee that we'll
: >> take an interrupt in order to get us out of the HLT.
: >
: >I thought that's what the timer interrupts were for...  We can't
: >guarantee that we'll get one?  That seems very serious to me.
:
: The problem is that one cpu may wich to schedule a process to run on
: the idle cpu, but it can't because the idle cpu is halted and won't
: wake up until the next irq.

Since I'm running a UP kernel, that can't happen.

Warner